WooCommerce Address Book version 2.0 is a major update with new functionality and several minor bug fixes. With this update, there is now support for both Billing and Shipping address books. Both are enabled by default, but there is a new setting to enable or disable each address book. After updating, be sure to review these settings.
This release also includes new settings for checkout behavior. You can now choose whether to have the default address as the Primary Address or “Add New Address”. You can also choose whether or not to display the address Nickname field during checkout.
Users now have a confirmation popup when trying to delete an address from the address book, and we’ve fixed the checkbox to change address that malfunctioned with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin. We’ve also improved backwards compatibility with prior versions and compatibility with the Conditional Checkout Fields for WooCommerce plugin.
- Add – Billing and Shipping address support. This release adds support for Billing addresses in addition to Shipping addresses.
- Add – New settings to be able to Enable or Disable the address book for billing or shipping. Thanks Hinyka
- Make sure to set these settings for your store after updating. Both are enabled by default.
- Add – Settings to set if new address should be selected or primary address on checkout.
- Add – Setting for whether the address nickname field should show on checkout.
- Add – Confirmation when deleting an address from the address book.
- Add – Support for PHP 8 and jQuery 3. Thanks Hinyka
- Fix – Checkbox to change address that didn’t work from showing with WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin.
- Fix – Various other fixes, see #97 for details.